Friday, August 23, 2013

Maybelline's Vivid Lipsticks Review

It is yet another review! I recently went to Target to obviously buy some makeup products. For the longest time ever I have been wanting to buy some lipsticks that are super bright! And I found some! They are the Maybelline Vivid Lipsticks
Lets begin with some swatches...

(Top to Bottom)
Shocking Coral, Pink & Proper, Fuchsia Flash

Shocking Coral:
Well to begin I bought this lipstick because like I said before I wanted a bright lipstick and coral was the way to go. I love this color because it is super bright and such a cute color that can match anything. It is also a great color you can work with when you want to step out of your comfort zone. It was a tad bit pricey for a drugstore lipstick, it was $5.54 at Target. I know for a fact it can be cheaper at Walmart. I bought it at Target because I was unavailable to go to the other town for Walmart. Anywho, I really like this color. The great part about these lipsticks are that you do not necessarily need to add gloss because it gives it a sheer finish to it. I really recommend this color. 

Pink & Proper:
Now this is my second favorite color! I got a less exaggerated pink color because I wanted a lipstick that will be awesome to wear with bold eyes or for a soft look. Yes I love bright colors but a softer pink can be worn perfectly in the daytime. This lipstick has some shimmer to it which can makeup your lips look fuller. This lipstick has more of a glossy finish, which is good. This lip color are for those who still want to be in their comfort zone but want to add a pop of color to their soft look or bold eyes. I give it a 3 out of 5 stars. It is still a great lip color, but it is more for those who like to stay in their comfort zone, which is perfectly fine. We are all beautiful and slowly we grow and start experimenting new things. It is a very cute pink shimmery lipstick.

Fuchsia Flash:
Now comes my favorite lipstick! Fuchsia Flash really inspired me to step out of my comfort zone and try new lip colors that were not just nude or subtle pinks. I love this color becuase it reminds me of Nicki Minaj and the fun crazy lip colors she wears. I really wanted to buy this color becuase it makes me feel more girly and more of a makeup artist. Why I say 'more of a makeup artist'? Makeup artist are not afraid of trying new things, thy love playing with new colors and products becuase they are artist, they want to explore the different things that can help them become a better artist. They are artist, they might not paint in canvases but they "paint" faces. This is how this lipstick made me feel and the revelation it gave me. I love all three colors but this would have to be my favorite. I would recommend adding a gloss to make it stand out more or if you want to tone it down add a nude lipgloss or less pink lipstick. Totally recommend this color I everyone!

Well there you have it loves, my new review! I hope you all enjoyed it and I hope I can help you when you want to buy these lipsticks. I was not disappointed with any if them. Thank you again for viewing my beauty blog. 
I love the support!

Don't forget to follow:
IG: @jackie_ulin
Twitter: @jackieulin
FB: Jackeline's Beauty Page

xoxo,
Jackeline

"What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful"
-Scott Westerfeld

No comments:

Post a Comment